Thursday, April 28, 2022

It Gets Better

​We talked about counseling today and I need a referral from my Doctor. On Monday my caseworker took me to the duck pond in Downtown Fort Worth. I have liked fishing with my Dad and we went this past weekend. I have been going to bed at 6PM for the last several nights. I also have been really quite and to myself. 



I got my injection yesterday and I normally feel better after I get the injection. I have started a new medication that seems to be helping. I’ve stayed in The Group Home for over a year. It’s a blessing I’m not on the streets. Everyday of the week, we go to the center and I take my backpack. This week I also bought a pack of cigarettes and a slurpy. 

I’m thinking about what I would have done differently if I had the chance to start over about twenty years ago. I was finished with High School, twenty years ago. My family is done with college and both my sister’s graduated. Though I have not and have acquired a lot of debt in the process of trying to get my degree. 


I wouldn’t have been attached to people that were not helping me in my life. I would hopefully not have gotten into drugs and shoplifting. I can’t go back in time but knowing that I can and will do better in the future gives me hope. Here’s to persistently taking it moment by moment and doing the best I can. God is here on my journey to my future and things are what they are. Moving forward to getting my life right by reading helpful articles about all sorts of self help.

No comments:

Post a Comment