Friday, April 29, 2022

Respect On Friday

​The words hurt and throwing and hitting and all the things that go along with it. I walked to the corner store to think and get away for a few minutes. I bought a Bang Can and a pack of Lucky Strikes menthol. 


I ask if there is anything I can do to make the situation better. Relationships haven’t been easy for me. I was left pregnant by my ex and my parents have been taking care of the child. I have been in and out of his life ever since. I don’t remember how I acted as a kid but I remember my father being deployed a lot. My mother and I not really getting along. My ten and eight year younger sisters fighting and I’m about to be an aunt.





My caregiver and my help at the center have been asking about my kid. I have a rough relationship with him. I don’t want to mention to much of hurtful information. Focusing on the good and bad on this situation and I know we all try our best to get along.


In 2013; I gave birth to my son and we’ve all struggled since then. I think about how close my parents are to me and sometimes it makes me sad. I try to call my Dad on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s to check up on my family. I am glad today we found a counseling center for me. 


It started when I didn’t buckle his seat belt in the cart at Target. Where he fell out and his head was messed up with a big knot. I freaked out and drove to my parents house instead of taking him to the hospital. I think at the time I was so selfish that I had also purchased Starbucks coffee while I got him some ice for his head. I’ve recently been reminded by him and my mom that I am selfish. 


That was the year I left my parents house and became homeless after getting into trouble with the law, school, and mental institutions. I tell you this not to alarm my readers but to tell you my story about the situation with my little one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment