Friday, June 3, 2022

Friends Of Friday

​Drinking my coffee and I just ate a McDonald’s sausage and biscuit with strawberry 🍓 preserves. When it comes to people around you; what makes you feel supported in a relationship? Or are you like me; and find relationships difficult? We could sit here all day and make excuses for ourselves; but God, wants so much more for us.


As I am sitting outside and smoking a cigarette, I have been smoking two cigarettes, every time I smoke. On our breaks out the back door of The Lions Center; I have been smoking a Lucky Strike and then one I have received from a caregiver in the morning. I asked for a second cup of coffee; and the worker gave me the rest that was in the coffee pitcher. I was grateful even though it was just a small amount.


There’s a Bible Verse that I like that states “No Matter What State I Am In, I have learned to be content!”. I feel supported when the people around me, get along with each other. I don’t like when people judge and I normally stick by myself. I am turning into quite an extrovert and am longing for healthy friendships. I don’t have to go out of my way too find them and I am depending on God to bring the right relationships in my life. I’m working harder on my goals and learning I can become successful through the right things; rather than doing something drastic that could negatively affect my life.


Growing up; I wanted to save the world and seek out new and different things. Although I ended up shorthanded with pretty much nothing too show for myself. When I was 18 and first moved to Texas; I went to hookah lounges and to a lot of DFW’s finest RAVE Events. Times of partying and self exploration, I did have fun but I stopped when I gave birth to my son when I was 26. I had so many good opportunities that I dismissed just to hangout with friends who wouldn’t be there for me in the end. 


I’ll be 35 at the end of July and friends are few and limited; the old friends didn’t stay and some say I was a crappy friend. I want friends but as an adult it’s been difficult and although there is six people I share a house with and about twenty people that attend the center. I need to change my ways and learn how to be a good friend in order to make the kind of connections I want.


Blogs About Making Friends: 

1. The writer of thereluctantcowgirl.com; has several great articles about friendship. She points out that we need three types of friends for personal growth; mentors, friends, and discipling friendships.



No comments:

Post a Comment