Saturday, June 4, 2022

Saturday’s Strengths

​It’s Saturday Morning; and although I wish I could have slept in, I woke up 6:30AM and now I have been up for two hours. Our caregiver 🍪 is here and arrived at 8am and is making us some coffee in the new coffee maker. We also have a new oven installed and she is making breakfast. Smoked half a cigarette and drinking my cup of coffee. 

After I drank my one cup of coffee I finished my cigarette and walked upstairs to open a new box of Lucky 🍀 Strikes and opened my planner to check on what I wanted to write today. I’m learning about strengths today and questioning what are my biggest strengths. 



What are my biggest strengths? I’m honest, humble, Faithful, Simple, Motivating, Assertive, Content, Forgiving, Loving, Kind, Respectful, and Peaceful.


When it comes to strengths; I found it easier to focus on them using a list I found on Pinterest and wrote a list in the back of my planner. We’ll save weaknesses for another Wednesday and just focus on strengths for today. It’s 9:35AM and our caregiver is passing out medication and cigarettes. I’m glad I have a place of my own although I share the house with about six others. My caregiver said too keep doing what I am doing and too never give up.


Sat outside and smoked two cigarettes and talked. She is a good caregiver to talk to; and she’s one of my favorite. One of our housemates likes to talk aggressively to him/her self and is the loudest out of all of us; and our caregiver is constantly telling her that it’s going to be ok and that he/she shouldn’t talk the way they are talking.


I enjoy getting constructive criticism and learning ways I can improve. I have received several complements about how I turned my life around and started doing the right things. 


How can I make better use of my strengths daily?


I have been reading and writing and smoking; still sitting outside smoking and it’s my third one. I am about to go up too my room; I need to clean my room and organize my stuff. I also use a vaporizer and my dad said he’d take me to “Luxor’s Vape Shop” in Arlington, when I need a new coil and I would also like to get some new vapor liquid when we go. Though I probably won’t see them again until Father’s Day.


I need to learn how to be more independent and less codependent but any help I receive makes me feel special. It rained last night and the ground is still wet outside.


How do I change struggles into strengths?


As I think about the many past situations I have been in; I don’t see how I could have walked away from here. We need support more than we need an escape and I have done better. My caregivers, caseworkers, immediate family, and the family here at the group home have been proud of me for not wondering around on the streets and resulting to the use of drugs or having sex. I am also very proud of myself and have seen a lot of progress. 


Common Strengths include Influencing, Executing, Strategic Thinking, and Relationship Building.



No comments:

Post a Comment