Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Thrive on Tuesday’s

​It’s quite here as the housemate that was having trouble went to the hospital. There’s three of us at the house right now and we’re waiting for our caregiver to arrive in about fifteen minutes. I shared my instant coffee with the new guy and he gave me an American Spirit cigarette. I don’t know how I really feel right now, knowing I have already smoked five cigarettes since I woke up at 6:30AM and it’s almost 8AM.



That sounds like too many to smoke but that’s what I have been doing; who’s to say what’s right and wrong for an individual. I’m waiting for the call that my ride to the center is on the way and I already took my medicine and received my cigarettes. Though when I went downstairs the male worker was here asking if I took my medicine? My medication is working well and I’m glad I have my caseworker bringing me more medicine today.


The caregiver is making us some coffee and it is 8AM. I had a cup of coffee before I got into the lady in charge of the day programs car. We stopped by Family Dollar and she went to go get water. I was going to write about thriving; a word I have read on other articles but I looked the word up and it is a popular health aid. In my opinion the word thrive means about the same as flourish; to do good and move forward.


Thrive; means to grow or develop well or vigorously, to Prosper or Flourish, to gain wealth. To progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances. Right now I’m taking Passive Action; consuming, learning, and becoming inspired. I need to learn to manage unrealistic expectations I have of my social and educational relationships. I also need to take responsibility for actions and thoughts.


I am thriving by depending on God to correct my path and help me deal with the past.

I am eating my pancakes and sausage and received my cup of coffee. God, knows what we need before we do and he knows the path He has lined out for us and knows mistakes of ours before we even make them. God has been so good and I feel like I have started over and have been doing good with his help.

With a new beginning; and seeing that smoking and drinking all that I want is not too good for me. I need to be disciplined enough to make wise decisions for myself and find good ways to move forward. I just went outside and smoked two cigarettes; so I need to read two articles. Though what about the five I smoked this morning? 

If everything was about timing ⏱ how would I better manage my time? The new elderly lady asked what I do at Daycare and how I pay for it. I got a little defensive and told her I didn’t know. My Amerigroup Insurance pays for it and we do whatever we want. One table is playing cards, the table I’m at with another woman brought stuff to do, and many are just sitting and complaining. The lady in charge said we should stretch our bodies. 


The Group Home helps me thrive.

I moved into The Group Home about eight years ago, when my little one was two and a half, in 2016. The caregivers really provide for us. Though I have ran away five times; I am trying to do the right things in life now. I have my bed, my desk, a TV, my laptop, my books, and my clothes, and a good amount of things I have gotten as gifts or bought and collected safe in my room and I don’t have to worry too much about someone stealing from me. I have everything I need at home and don’t really understand what was going on in the past and glad it was nothing too bad that happened.


I am depending on developing my interest to help me thrive; in a career using a lot of what I learned in college.

I’m five courses away from receiving my BA in Communications; school has gotten so expensive, so I highly doubt I will go back. I studied Public Relations and Advertising; I need to research how to make a living doing what I know how to and the magazine idea was a good idea. I have started a Facebook Entrepreneur Page, which has been open for ten years.

Ideas are good but when they are neglected they don’t thrive. I need something substantial to work on and I can do independent studies on topics of things that would help JF-Designs grow and to get started with a mental health magazine. I can’t just hope and wish for my educational mind to start automatically; there’s a lot I could do but I definitely need to keep reading and researching on projects I can do by myself.


I can thrive in my relationships and see things from a better perspective.

There’s good and there’s bad people and I am sure I have written a lot about how people can impact our lives. My family life is thriving and we have spent every holiday together for almost two to eight years and almost every year; except for the times running away and drugs made me disappear. 

My caseworkers and caregivers have really helped me too thrive as an individual and I am grateful. I am slowly letting go of negative relationships that I have made and learning to have a better relationship with myself. 


I am depending on myself to thrive.

At the age of 34 going on 35; I am faced with the decisions of what direction I want to go in. It takes hard work and dedication to do the right things. 





No comments:

Post a Comment