Friday, May 13, 2022

Freaky Friday

​What about today, makes it such an odd day. Other than the confusion about how we arrived to the center this morning. Friday the 13th, is marked as an unlucky day, and when my caregiver arrived at the house she started fussing about us having coffee ☕️ last night.


We aren’t supposed to have coffee at night and the caregiver suggests we only have one cup. I just had a cup of coffee and smoked a cigarette. Today I want to talk about limiting beliefs; as I am not a fan of the movie. Actually, I don’t think I have ever sat down and watched the movie “Friday The Thirteenth”. I have seen “Freaky Friday” where Lindsey Lohan switches with her mom, and I don’t think I would like to switch with my mom. 

Beliefs that hold you back, especially on a superstitious holiday. When we’re already told not to do something, the best thing to do is not do it. I have learned this lesson the hard way. We hold ourselves back from doing a lot of things. Meanwhile, blaming our circumstances and other people. 

It’s important to have your mind in the right place and not being skeptical, critical, or untrusting. When I am feeling critical of myself, I am hard on myself. Nothing seems good enough and I know I shouldn’t live to please others but I am not really connected to God, like I should be. The Bible says I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. It also says God will never make you go through things you can’t handle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment