Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Where I Am Wednesday

​I’m waiting for the lady in charge of the Day Center, too pick us up from the house. I woke up at 6am and I took my medication, smoked, and had two cups of instant coffee. I want to describe to my readers today of the eight areas of life and where I fall under each category. 



Life is better if you and I stay consistent and the most important thing is improving daily. I’d like to describe where I am in each category and then put goals that I am reaching towards. It’s good to get an assessment of where you are in life in order to know which direction you’re headed in. Received my second cup of coffee and we had donuts for breakfast.


Spiritual I grew up in the church and have Christian parents. As I grew up closer to God; I soon found that I had a lot of insecurities and faced Spiritual Warfare. There were times growing up that I completely ran away from God; also my home and the people that cared about me. I’m now closer to God than I have been in the past.


Physical I received a FitBit from my dad last year and it tells me how many steps to take each hour. I don’t have a physical plan and I’m not working out. I walk every once in a while and we’re encouraged to work out here at the center.


Financial I am receiving money for most of my needs from Social Security. I have my meals planned out for me, am provided my medication, and 10 cigarettes a day. Each month my family pays my rent through receiving my disability. I make about $125 on top of rent and my dad adds money to my Venmo almost every Monday.


Professional I studied Advertising and Public Relations at The University of Texas at Arlington. I am five classes away from attaining my Bachelors in Advertising. I have not been working and haven’t worked since 2013. I would like to find a career in the future; though right now I am just focusing on what I can. 


Recreational I like to read articles on Pinterest and am focusing on self help. I attend a day program and am encouraged to keep myself busy. 


Relational I have six other individuals I share a house with in Fort Worth, Texas. My Father is the closest one too me. I have a roommate and we have caregivers that come in to cook for us and give us our medication and cigarettes. I have been going out with my caseworkers during the week and today I am getting my injection. 


Mental I have schizophrenia and severe depression as well as Bipolar disorder. Mental health has always been a struggle for me, since I was 12 years old. I take it one day at a time and am developing better ways to cope with my mental illness. I like to read and journal to release my difficulties of my mental illness.


Planning I use a daily planner to keep track of my personal development and the things that are important. As I look at my schedule I am reminded that I have a lot of time to myself. I hardly ever write a to do list, since life is pretty simple here in my situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment