Monday, May 23, 2022

Mental Monday

​Woke up at 5:45AM; It’s now almost 9AM and I am at The Lions Center. I wrote earlier, and then it got erased and I had to start all over again. I wrote about being mindful and what a morning routine consisted of. I didn’t know if I wanted to write about mental help or mindfulness. Their both important topics to cover in my writing. Today I will cover both of them.


I have been doing better on my medication and I am growing in my relationship with The Lord. I didn’t sleep good last night and stayed up till 11PM. I’m sitting at the table with my housemate, drinking a cup of coffee. When I woke up this morning I had two cups of instant coffee. I need to be OK, with where I am in life and take the time to work towards positive goals. We learn that the past doesn’t define us, if we don’t give it the power too.





Mindfulness Not living in the past or the future, but being in the present moment. Focusing on what is going on at the current moment. Being observant of life as it is happening; only God knows what the future holds. Though we need to be more aware of what we need to be doing to get to where we want to be.


1. I am forgiving those who hurt me in the past. Letting go of the past and praying over the future, helps everyone. Stay in the current moment and let yourself rest from worrying about how situations have gone wrong.


2. I am seeing that the more I read and write the better Perspective I gain from what I need to be learning to allow feelings to exist with beating myself up about them.


3. I’ve read several quotes about accepting my current situation in life and not having judgement over what is going right or wrong. Acceptance has become easier for me and I am learning that God works everything for my good. 


4. Thoughts come and go and they only provide harm when you act on them. You don’t have to believe all your thoughts and there’s ways to fight negative thoughts to bring about peace and happiness.


5. Making quick decisions is not a good thing. I have learned to really think and express myself about things I really want instead of hiding. I took the 16personalities.com test and seems that I went from an INTJ to an ENTJ; meaning I have become more extroverted and determined to do the right things.

Mental I have tried my best to be open and honest about how I have to take medication for my disorders of depression and schizophrenia. I was diagnosed after having a spinal tap at the age of 13; as being bipolar.


1. Things get better ❤️‍🩹 the more I am in communication with my psychiatrist, and we have tried a lot of different medication since I was a teenager.


2. I go to counseling on Friday; and am feeling all sorts of different emotions about it. I know it will help and I will be able to sort through these feelings and emotions with help.


3. Having structure in my day really helps. At first I was oppositional to it and not really liking it. It has grown on me and I am seeing the benefits of a routine.


4. Having good conversations with my caregivers and caseworkers has helped me find solutions that better my life and I want to reach out for help.


5. Mental Health is different for everyone and the best way to take care of it, is seek out things, people, places that will help. Don’t be hard on yourself and try to cover it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment