Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day

​I’m sitting at our family kitchen table and drinking my third cup of coffee. I’m so blessed that my little one has been in a good mood for most of the weekend. I’m here for a few more hours and my son and I have been using his new scented colored pencils and crayons. He woke me up at 6:30AM and was excited about receiving his packages that my parents had ordered him yesterday.

I’m wanting to stay here as long as I can; he has been so sweet. There’s a long history of soldiers in my family history and today is the day to be grateful for them. My father said, “you don’t thank the soldiers who have made it safely back home by thanking them for their service” but “today is the day to remember the soldiers who have died”. I’ll hold onto special memories for today and be thankful for any situation I am in.


I want to do my best and be invited over more often. Though tomorrow starts another week at the center and not being as spoiled as I am here. I’m going to miss my family but I will stay at The Group Home and be patient till I can see them again. Memories are important but the ones that haunt you can really tear a person down. In both situations; there’s things to be grateful for. I don’t have many things going on wrong that make me want to run away again and things have definitely improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment