Saturday, May 21, 2022

Self-Aware On Saturday

​The other day, I went to Ross with my caseworker. I bought an “Adulting 101” book and a journal. I started reading the book as soon as I got home and used the first page of my new journal to write a sincere prayer to God. Woke up at 6am and I went outside to smoke. Then I went outside again a little before 8AM and got caught by my caregiver, who arrived and is making a pancake breakfast for us.

Today is my middle sister’s baby shower and I wasn’t invited. My caregiver said “One Day, that will all be straightened out.” That “We don’t know when, we’re going to need each other but the day will come”. I’m saddened by what my youngest sister had to say about me on Mother’s Day.  Although I am working hard to find rest and peace from God, while not letting it affect me in negative ways.

I have been reading through the book and the first chapter is on self-awareness. Then I read articles and made a Pinterest board on the topic. I also made a Pinterest board on jealousy and grief. Through reading, I am hoping that I gain a better understanding of what I can do besides being upset about what I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment