Thursday, May 19, 2022

Trying Thursday’s

​How do you know that you aren’t good at something, unless you try? Trying takes stepping out in faith and trusting the end results. Though, first you have to decide on what you want to try. I need to try things that provide a positive lifestyle. Since I am tired of my own personal negativity and being codependent, I felt disheartened that my father didn’t respond to any of my calls this week.

I’m at The Lions Center and we’re about to have breakfast. First, I need to realize what I want. I want good relationships, a sense of security, a growing relationship with Christ, a creative hobby, a bright future, and to be respected for who I am. I’m reminded from my past college days to not get so caught up in this trying, that I loose track of what’s important. Progress is better than deferred dreams or lack of trying.

Things don’t have to be perfect, and although I have lost parts of myself and am currently in a season of waiting and prayer. Depending daily on God to lead me down the right path, and soaking up a lot of Christian material about how to deal with life. I’m fortunate to be here, as I received my coffee ☕️ and am eating cereal as I write. It’s important that I have faith in the system I am in and am participating with my group. 

May 9th 2024: Answered Prayer, I'm getting my chance to go back to college at Texas Wesleyan this fall. I sign up for classes the 16th, in seven days, and am really excited!

Trying to be independent at the young age of 15, to making mistakes and ending up here. Has left me with the fact that I didn’t always make good choices for myself and I need to take a look at the different ways I can start to follow God and my caregivers, instead of myself. I am learning as I grow older that, it’s more important to try to be myself in a group setting than try to do life on my own and ending up nowhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment